Skip to main content

A message to Garcia

     While reading A Message to Garcia I had much to think about and many emotions. During the reading I almost felt guilty because currently I would not be able to carry the message. I am not the most hardworking person who goes out of his way to accomplish a goal the way it should be accomplished. I always finish something with the required work and will definitely find a way to do minimum work possible. I felt like A Message to Garcia was speaking to those who don't do the most work and to inspire them to better themselves not just for them but for others.
           The story also tries to convey how people who are able to carry this message are what all of society needs. In the story the author states that " If men do not act for themselves, then what will they do when the benefit of their effort is for all." This explains if you do not do the work for your self how will you be able to work for other people, and if you can not do work for others what good are you to society.
           The mentality the story brings I would like to bring into my schoolwork. I struggle with challenges like procrastination, and they weigh heavily on everything else in my life. I need to change because high school has much more work than middle school, and I don't have much time to study or work because of sports. Difficulties like procrastination need to be stopped before my high school starts rather than at the end.
   
Five step plan
 1. First to stay successful in class I need to learn good study habits. I never really had to study very hard in middle school or take good notes. My goal will be for every night to spend around 15 minutes of studying for each class I had. This is a lot of work considering how much time is spent at football practice.
2. My second goal to be successful my freshman year is not taking. I already have enough notebooks to last through this year, but it is more important to take good notes that will be helpful while studying.
3. Another goal is to have a planner to write down my assignments. I know that this is a must because I already have a hard time remembering everything I need to do at home, so a planner is a great way for me to organize my thoughts.
4. As I said before procrastination is a big problem for me. To deal with it I have learned to tell others if i have a lot of work to do so they can help hold me accountable.
5. Finally  to keep me on track for my freshman year a good goal is to go to bed on time. This isn't important for most, but for me this is important so I can stay focused in class.




Comments

  1. Nice work, Dom! Your personal analysis of "Garcia" was spot-on. 50/50 points. The Action Plan sounds like a winner, too. Stick to it, and your freshman year should go very well. 50/50, totaling 100/100 for the entire assignment. (Just make sure you get everything - including blogs - turned in on time.)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The rise of Christianity

 Toady in class instead of reviewing the test we read and took notes on the next three sections. The first section was on the Rise of Christianity and talked about how Jesus' teachings spread. The most important reason they spread was because his teachings brought salvation to all. Christianity was a vision that a Roman emperor had before he went into battle. They won the battle and he made it so Christians would no longer be persecuted.

More Rome

   Today in class we did more of the Rome power point. We also talked about the Boston marathon for some reason. We also talked about Chernobyl and the radioactive dogs living there.

Rome rap

 Today we got a lot accomplished. First we reviewed all of Rome by listening to a very well done rap made by Mr.Schick. After that we got very far in the power point. We started with how the common folk were given free bread as a sort of welfare. Then we took notes on the Colosseum and Circus Maxims which I have been to. We moved onto Julius Caesar and his conquering of Gaul and the Rubicon and how Pompey became jealous. We finished with his murder by the senate. https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1zEi9xi3gni-iKd7UYUX41NRYB2V-qjsz9PyaU5awrp0/edit?usp=sharing