Skip to main content

First Day of school blog

        I started the morning before the first day of high school with the mandatory first day of school picture.  Then my mom wanted to ensure I wouldn't be late so I ended up coming in half an hour early. I have practiced my locker combination so I don't even think before opening my locker. Switching between classes today was not hard because the room numbers of the class are on my schedule which I kept in the outside pocket of my binder. The one time I did get lost was because I had a STEM meeting for my lunch mod and my schedule did not have the room number of the lab. I ended up coming late and not being able to finish my lunch. I already have met friends because I am on the football team ,which before I was worried about because I moved over the summer and knew almost no one. Overall, I had a good first day of school. I have some of the best teachers I've ever had before.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Test review

  Most of today in class was spent reviewing last weeks test from last week. Class was last mod today so everyone was more lethargic than usual. Since I was the only person to get a 100% on the test I really didn't need the review. The only plus side of reviewing was I had time to write the answers on the test so I could use it without my scan tron sheet. The rest of class time was spent taking notes on the population power point. We discussed immigration and emigration and why. We used the example of Canada and why people would want to immigrate there because their rate is so high. We came to the conclusion that the healthcare paid for by the government was a pull factor in people's decisions to move to Canada.

The rise of Christianity

 Toady in class instead of reviewing the test we read and took notes on the next three sections. The first section was on the Rise of Christianity and talked about how Jesus' teachings spread. The most important reason they spread was because his teachings brought salvation to all. Christianity was a vision that a Roman emperor had before he went into battle. They won the battle and he made it so Christians would no longer be persecuted.

CIA website facts

     Over the past two days in class we used the CIA website to do research on countries where they are located and some interesting facts about them. On the website we went into the world fact book which has information on every country. The first day we used this website I forgot to do my blog, but what we did was research the top 25 most populated countries and where they are located on a map. This was very easy for me because I already knew where all the countries. The one fact that shocked me was that Bangladesh was the 8th most populated country. This was so interesting because Bangladesh  is a very small country and yet it has over a billion and a half people. This gives it a population density of 1,200 people per square kilometer compared to the united states 35. i used this fact in the second day where we used this sight because I Thought it was very interesting.