Today in class we started a new unit after the excellence unit and test. To start the unit off we had a work sheet on the different regions around the world. I felt like this work sheet was very easy, I only had to research one name of a region. I believe I did so well because I used to be very interested in geography and at one of my old schools, which was a K-8 school I came in third place in the geography bee when I was in third grade. I have since stopped studying so far into geography, but still retained some of the knowledge I had learned in the past. This makes me hopeful for this new unit because I fell like I know more than most of class. I am also hopeful for this unit because I had previously had a passion for geography and might be able to bring some of that passion to learning again.
Most of today in class was spent reviewing last weeks test from last week. Class was last mod today so everyone was more lethargic than usual. Since I was the only person to get a 100% on the test I really didn't need the review. The only plus side of reviewing was I had time to write the answers on the test so I could use it without my scan tron sheet. The rest of class time was spent taking notes on the population power point. We discussed immigration and emigration and why. We used the example of Canada and why people would want to immigrate there because their rate is so high. We came to the conclusion that the healthcare paid for by the government was a pull factor in people's decisions to move to Canada.
Comments
Post a Comment