Skip to main content

Region and cultural landscape

     Today in class we discussed region and how it relates to its cultural landscape. To recap a region is an area of land in which the land has one or more defining features. A regions cultural landscape is the combination of both physical and human feature of a region. This means that cultural landscapes define the region. Another important piece of information is that a region can be any area of land bigger than a point and smaller than the entire planet. This is important because it shows that the features in cultural landscape cannot apply to the whole world for example that every person in this region breaths oxygen.To practice in class we defined regions by where they are located compared to what the majority voted in the 2004, 2008 and 2012 elections. This helped us find the relation between regions and their cultural landscape.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The rise of Christianity

 Toady in class instead of reviewing the test we read and took notes on the next three sections. The first section was on the Rise of Christianity and talked about how Jesus' teachings spread. The most important reason they spread was because his teachings brought salvation to all. Christianity was a vision that a Roman emperor had before he went into battle. They won the battle and he made it so Christians would no longer be persecuted.

Test review

  Most of today in class was spent reviewing last weeks test from last week. Class was last mod today so everyone was more lethargic than usual. Since I was the only person to get a 100% on the test I really didn't need the review. The only plus side of reviewing was I had time to write the answers on the test so I could use it without my scan tron sheet. The rest of class time was spent taking notes on the population power point. We discussed immigration and emigration and why. We used the example of Canada and why people would want to immigrate there because their rate is so high. We came to the conclusion that the healthcare paid for by the government was a pull factor in people's decisions to move to Canada.

presentation and test review

     Today in class we finished the last of the presentations and went over the upcoming test Monday. Compared to the previous presentations they were much better and more interactive. In my opinion the students did a better job explaining making the projects not as boring. After the last presentation we transitioned into reviewing for the test Monday. When you explained the first portion of the test I was confused. I don't know why you would test us on if we can find information on a website, but I guess there is some point to it. The rest of the test seems pretty easy. The fill in the blank answers will be easy because we went over which definitions that we need to study. Not only are the definitions posted to your blog the power point used to teach is also posted so I have a lot to study from. With these study tools I believe that I will easily get a 100% on the test. The only parts of the test I could get wrong are the questions on the CIA world factbook and the essay...